Friday, May 29, 2009

Dawn Spencer Hurwitz The' Verte

The weather is warm and I’m having a tea phase. My glass is always full of iced tea and I’m wearing tea scents. I love the tea notes in L’Artisan The Pour Un Ete, Parfums d’Empire Osmanthus Interdite and all three of the Bulgari tea trio.

We carry Dawn Spencer Hurwitz The’ Verte at The Posh Peasant so I wore it several times this week. DSH The’ Verte is a very true green tea fragrance. The’ Verte is chilled green tea on a light chypre base. It’s calming, soothing, cooling and reminds me of a weekend at Ten Thousand Waves spa in Santa Fe.

I don’t drink green tea. I think it tastes like dirt. But as a fragrance, green tea is especially interesting. The’ Verte has a lovely dry green leafy quality and a soft hay-like aroma. There is also a subtle minty sensation and herbal bergamot (think Early Grey tea) note draped over the light mossy base.

DSH The’ Verte is minimalist. It’s zen. It’s yoga class, meditation, a room of one’s own, in a bottle. Don your Eileen Fisher linen ensemble, put your hair up in a pony, pull out your artisan handcrafted earrings from etsy and spritz yourself with The’ Verte. It’s a good day. It’s your day. Enjoy.

Notes –
Top: bergamot, lemon
Middle: green tea
Base: moss, sandalwood

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Oooh, this does sound fabulous. I didn't realize you were "that" Abigail! I love your site....those rose velvet bags make my mouth water! :o)

Thanks for so many awesome things!

EileenS said...

This scent sounds more like my style of tea scent. The Bulgaris haven't worked out well, and I keep getting involved in some kind of floral whenever I try the usual tea scent. The' Vert may be the ticket. Plus, I'm on a DSH bender right now -- this will get added to the (already immense) sample list.

Julie H. Rose said...

I love all teas, but I've found I don't like wearing them. Btw, green tea is always served plain, but it is delicious with honey and cream.